Friday, April 20, 2012

For those that know me, know that I love animals...especially my dog!  I always understood what Pa meant when he said, the more he met some people, the better he liked his dog.  I am always amazed at the companionship they offer and more importantly, the unconditional love!  Isabella is pictured here to the left.  Although she weighs a mere 3 pounds, she is full of personality and loves unconditionally! 
 
While I have read some great YA books about friendship, such as Petey, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Million Dollar Throw and many others, there is no better "showing" of friendship than in the video about Christian the Lion.  The children's book tells the story, but in this case, the video offers so much more!  As it remains to be my favorite You Tube video, I decided that I must share it here...
 “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”  C.S. Lewis

No comments: