Thursday, January 11, 2018

New Semester Excitement

WARNING:  Nerdy Professor Post!

Preparing for a new semester is always such an exciting time for me.  I get so excited about meeting new students as well as seeing previous students, of course. It is also a time for me to reflect on the previous semester, read my course evaluations, and make necessary changes...try something different...explore new possibilities...discover new technology tools to enhance student learning and provide instructional supports...a new opportunity to do what I love most:  TEACH.  Over my break, I've read, participated in live Twitter Chats, tried new apps, and labored over ways to better teach and impact LITERACY.  I've made several changes to my interactive student notebook for my Teaching Elementary Reading course, improved (or so I think) the Reading & Writing Workshop Assignment for READ 448, chosen great books to either read aloud or book talk in my Children's and Young Adolescent Lit courses.  As I prepare, I always return to my target:  my what, how and most importantly, my WHY.  
WHAT:  teach most effective, research-based strategies to better prepare preservice teachers.
HOW:  model engaging, interactive, hands-on strategies, so preservice teachers SEE the HOW.
WHY:  because LITERACY matters. 
So, here's to Spring 2018:  Let's go:  Inspire, Create, Be your best!   

No comments: