Thursday, March 22, 2012

Riding Solo

Tonight, March 22, I had my first experience riding solo as I taught an undergraduate class tonight by myself. I felt that this word puzzle best describes my plan for this evening. I had hoped to share ideas, engage the students, and support them as well as demonstrate that I care about their success.

As I reflect on the class tonight, Jason DeRulo's song comes to mind. All day, I had "ridin solo" in my mind...

"Yeeeeeyeeeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,
I'm feeling like a star, you can't stop my shine,
I'm loving cloud nine, my head's in the sky,
I'm solo, I'm riding solo, I'm riding solo,
I'm ridin solo, sooloooo."

We peer reviewed students' work, offered praise and suggestions for improvement as well as made individual plans for completion of the remaining assignments in order to achieve academic success.
I am not a star, but I feel that we as a class shined tonight! I'm on cloud nine because the students were responsive, kind, and engaged in class tonight; therefore my head is in the sky! I wish to thank LAE 4335 for a productive evening filled with "innovative" ideas and achievable plans that I look forward to seeing in completion.

No comments: