Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fish in a Tree

I anxiously awaited for this book to be released on Feb. 5.  After reading Hunt's book, One for the Murphys, I was excited for Fish in a Tree.  Lynda Mullaly Hunt did not let me down.  I enjoyed this story and it made me think of how many Ally's are out there in our schools nationwide!  I fear that there are many!  
Ally has learned to survive despite her inability to read, due to dyslexia.  Finally, a teacher, Mr. Daniels discovers Ally's problems and stays after school to help her.  To me, this is what teaching is all about.  

I bet there are thousands of Mr. Daniels out in our schools, but unfortunately, we don't often hear about them in the media. Instead, the focus is on the inadequate teachers, or the ones who make inappropriate decisions...WHY?  They want to SELL their stories, so until we stop listening...we won't see change!

This is a great read for students, teachers, and parents! So, in the words of author Lynda Mullaly Hunt...BE SOMEONE'S HERO, No cape required!

No comments: