Saturday, January 19, 2019


What a perfect night to share this poem:  Snowball by Shel Silverstein.

Today's rain has turned into snow...our first snow of 2019!  The first snow is always so beautiful, but after that, I'm ready for winter to be over and spring to bloom.  

Being from southwest Florida, winter has always been my least favorite season.  I find that there are too many gray, cold days.  In fact, the moment I return home from work, I quickly change into my comfortable, flannel pajamas and I am in for the night.  My little buddy, Isabella is a fair weather baby as well.  She does not like having to go out into the cold; she's much happier when it's warm & sunny! 

Silverstein's poem makes me think of my daughter!  She and I were visiting my parents in Chesterfield, MO and it snowed!  It was the first time Bianca had seen snow.  She was so excited, she asked for a jar to put it in so she could take it back to her daddy in FL.  Needless to say, it melted, much like the snowball in Silverstein's poem. Yes...I have made a text to self connection!  What is your connection to this text?

No comments: